Due Dates For Payment of Assessment Rates:
31st May (1st Half Bill January – June)
31st October (2nd Half Bill July – December )
Surcharge/default Fee : 1% per month or part thereof after the due dates.
If you have not received the assessment bill you are to request for a copy bill at our one stop service counter at MBKS or at UTC, Aras 1, Jalan Bukit Mata, Kuching.
Default in payment of assessment rates. The following actions will be taken:
-Lodgement of caveat against the holding. This will restrain the registration of transfer or of other dealings affecting the holding.
- Legal action. All the legal costs shall be borne by the owner/occupier.
- Attachment of the rateable holding or movable property.
Responsibilities of owner/occupier/ratepayer:
- To notify the Council of any change in correspondence/postal address.
- To notify the Council in writing or on Form F obtainable from Council’ office/website on change of ownership. To extend a copy of the Memorandum of Transfer or up to date Print Out of Title or Sale and Purchase Agreement. By hand, post or Fax to:082-241220
- To check at Council’s office and settle any outstanding rate before change of ownership takes place.
- To give full cooperation to Council staff when they inspect the premises for rating purposes.
- To notify the Council in writing if a building has been erected without building plan or building demolished.
- To complete and return Forms sent by the Council where information is required for official purpose.
If you need further clarification, visit us at:
One-Stop Service Counter
Rating & Valuation Division,
2nd Floor, Dewan Bandaraya Kuching Selatan,
Jalan Padungan, 93675 KUCHING.
give us a call
Tel.: 082-242311/354200 ext. 551 / 552
Urban Transformation Centre (UTC)
Aras 1, Jalan Bukit Mata, Kuching
(for copy bill and payment)
MAJLIS BANDARAYA KUCHING SELATAN
Payment Counters and Modes of Payment for Asssessment Bills
Payment by cash can be made at the following counters:
1. PEJABAT POS BESAR 14. PEJABAT POS MINI HUI SING
2. PEJABAT POS KENYALANG PARK 15. 15. PEJABAT POS MINI JALAN MATANG PETRONAS
3. PEJABAT POS KOTA SAMARAHAN 16. PEJABAT POS MINI PETRONAS PETRA JAYA
4. PEJABAT POS PADUNGAN 17. PEJABAT POS MINI KM 18.5 JLN KUCHING/SERIAN
5. PEJABAT POS KEM PENRISSEN 18. PEJABAT POS MINI STUTONG BARU
6. PEJABAT POS PETRA JAYA 19. PEJABAT POS MINI KOTA PADAWAN
7. PEJABAT POS SIMPANG TIGA 20. PEJABAT POS MINI JALAN RAMBUTAN/RUBBER
8. PEJABAT POS KULAS 21. PEJABAT POS MINI SUNGAI TENGAH VALLEY
9. PEJABAT POS PENDING 22. PEJABAT POS MINI TAPAH
10. PEJABAT POS SIBURAN 23. PEJABAT POS MINI TABUAN STUTONG
11. PEJABAT POS KOTA SENTOSA 24. PEJABAT POS MINI PETRONAS SAMARAHAN
12. PEJABAT POS BATU KAWA 25. PEJABAT POS MINI KUCHING INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT
13. PEJABAT POS BERGERAK KUCHING 26. PEJABAT POS MINI THE SPRING
27. PEJABAT POS MINI JALAN ASTANA
Payment by cash or by cheque can be made at following counters:-
1. DEWAN BANDARAYA KUCHING SELATAN – JALAN PADUNGAN
2. SYARIKAT SESCO – SG. BIAWAK
3. SYARIKAT SESCO – WISMA SESCO
4. SYARIKAT TELEKOM MALAYSIA BERHAD – BATU LINTANG
5. SYARIKAT TELEKOM MALAYSIA BERHAD – PENDING
6. SYARIKAT TELEKOM MALAYSIA BERHAD – PADANG MERDEKA
7. KUCHING WATER BOARD – JALAN SONG THIAN CHEOK
8. KUCHING WATER BOARD – JALAN BATU LINTANG
9. DEWAN BANDARAYA KUCHING UTARA
10. MAJLIS PERBANDARAN PADAWAN
11. BANK SIMPANAN NASIONAL
12. KAUNTER UTC @TAMAN KERETA, JALAN BUKIT MATA KUCHING
Online payment can be made thru:-
1. Paybillsmalaysia ( www.paybillsmalaysia.com )
2. CIMB BANK BERHAD
3. HSBS BANK MALAYSIA BERHAD
4. STANDARD CHARTERED BANK
5. BANK KERJASAMA RAKYAT (M) BERHAD
6. BANK SIMPANAN NASIONAL
Payment by cheque must be made payable to “Majlis Bandaraya Kuching Selatan” with your name and telephone number stated at the back of the cheque. Enclosed property details or the relevant assessment bill.
Payment by credit card can be made at MBKS counter at Jalan Padungan.
Submission of building plans for approval is handled by Building & Landscaping Division
For more information, please contact 082-354200 ext (549, 552, 551, 553, 298)
Any illegal dumping, health nuisance or complaints on rank vegetation will be looked into immediately.
For more information, please contact 082-354200 ext ( 264 / 561)
Job vacancies are normally advertised in the local newspaper and also our website. Please refer to us from time to time.
For more information, please contact 082-354200 ext 583
Any problem in doing your own floral arrangement for private parties/official functions. Let us help you.
For more information, please contact 082-354200 ext 228 / 239 / 242
o Bintawa Hawker Centre , Jalan Daya
o Bintawa Wet Market , Jalan Daya
o Batu Lintang Hawker Centre , Jalan Batu Lintang
o Jubilee Ground Hawker Centre , Jalan Datuk William Tan
o Hui Sing Garden Centre , Taman Hui Sing
o Kenyalang Food Centre , Jalan Sim Kheng Hong
o Kenyalang Park Market , Jalan Sim Kheng Hong
o Kueh Siak Hong Hawker Centre , Jalan Sekama
o Pending Jetty Hawker Centre , Jalan Pending
o Pending Seafood Centre , Jalan Pending
o Petanak Market , Jalan Petanak
o Song Kheng Hai Hawker Centre , Jalan Padungan
o Stutong Community Market , Jalan Setia Raja
o Sungai Apong Market , Jalan Sungai Apong
o Upper Foochow Road Market, Jalan Foochow No.1
under our jurisdiction.
For more information, please contact 082-244030 / 082-354200 ext 354258 / 573 / 571
Available at all parking booths and authorised agents within Kuching City.
For more information, please contact 082-354200 ext 224 / 527
For a clean, green and beautiful city, several recreational grounds have been developed.
For more information, please contact 082-354200 ext (228, 239, 241)
To promote and publicise MBKS's activities.
For more information, please contact 082-354200 ext 582
Registration of Architects & Engineers
Architects and engineers who wish to practise in the City South jurisdiction must register with the
Building & Landscaping Division.
For more information, please contact 082-244301 / 082-354200 ext 520
Roads & Pavements
We look after the roads, pavements and traffic signs. Help us to keep them in good condition by
reporting any potholes, defects or obstructions on the roads and pavements.
For more information, please contact 082-241695 ext 113
Street Lighting / Traffic Lights
We look after street lights/traffic lights in the City South area.
Report any faulty lights in your area to us by calling us at 082-483991
Tenders & Quotations
Any inquiries pertaining to the Tenders & Quotations, please contact 082-354200 ext 313 / 578
Hiring Of Potted Plants